First Steps in Gourmet Cooking
Gourmet chef, musician and painter, archivist having fun discovering intriguing stories from his church’s past.
Published writer, watcher of sunrises and happy cooking student of Dale’s
- Wash and dry one head of Boston Bibb lettuce. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and separate the segments of two Clementine oranges. A second choice would be canned Mandarin oranges.
- Cut ½ cup of pitted Dates in half length wise.
- Slice half of a purple Onion into thin rings.
- Mix ½ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed), ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar and ½ teaspoon ground ginger. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- On each plate assemble a layer of lettuce, a few orange segments , a few cut dates, two or three rings of onion. Drizzle with salad dressing.
Tip: Eliminating oil in the salad dressing, enhances the delicate flavors of the salad.